Calm Dog Games is a pack of 52 cards which will add fun, interest and enrichment to your best friend’s day while developing positive behaviours such as calmness, confidence and connection with you. Designed with the mental wellbeing of dogs in mind, it is a delightful way to keep your dog entertained!
The deck puts mental stimulation and enrichment in the palm of your hand. Thinking isn’t just tiring for dogs, it’s tiring for us too, so the legwork has been done for you and here we have 52 games to keep your dog on their toes. You can sleep soundly knowing your dog has had an enriching day, even when you’ve been rushed off your feet!
Developed specifically for owners and carers to promote calmness, confidence and connection with their dog in a quick, easy and stress-free format. Provides mental stimulation to satisfy your dog’s cognitive wellbeing and enrichment to relieve stress, helping you achieve a more relaxed, chilled and calm household, all within a few minutes a day.
How does this work?
Thinking and decision making is tiring for dogs. Though rather than training a dog to perform “tricks” (i.e. sit, lie down, spin etc), Calm Dog Games focuses on targeting and reinforcing positive behaviours – namely CALMNESS, CONFIDENCE and CONNECTION with you.
The games hardwire these three core components because they are designed in a way that:
- dogs find engaging – Dogs love to play and are individuals in their own right, thus they learn best through fun, positive experiences.
- gives your dog appropriate outlets for expressing natural behaviours – A dog wants to chew, shake, sniff, explore etc so let’s give them the opportunity to do so and be a part of the fun!
- rewards good decisions – Set up your dog with opportunities to make “good” decisions and challenge their decision-making ability.
- keeps it fresh – variety is a key component of enrichment. With 52 different games, many with multiple levels of progression, you never have to worry about entertaining your dog again.
Never worry about entertaining your dog again!
What’s inside the box?
- Deck of 52 Game Cards – The back of each card has instructions to a different game or activity. The front of each card is also unique and features a different watercolour dog.
- 5 colour-coded Key Categories: Calm, Focus, Play, Puzzle & Bond
- Booklet for additional guidance and progressive activity levels.
Note: extra equipment may be needed for some games.
- Scent games – become part of your dog’s #1 activity!
- Enrichment activities – includes easy DIY puzzle feeding activities & provides an appropriate outlet for expressing natural & stress-relieving behaviours.
- Brain games – boosts your dog’s confidence and motivation levels.
- Bonding exercises – strengthens your relationship through working together.
- Stealth training – reinforces positive behaviours such as toy sharing, recall, proximity and responsiveness while your dog just thinks you’re the most fun person ever.
- Daily mental stimulation
- Adverse weather conditions (heatwaves, storms etc)
- Recovery from injury
- Making you more interesting to your dog (especially in distracting environments)
- Helping your dog to settle in new situations
- Developing a relationship with a new dog
- Getting the whole family involved with your dog (always supervise children)
- For people or dogs with limited mobility
- Busy times
- Fosterers, rescue centre workers and other dog-professionals; boarders, groomers, walkers etc.
- Especially good for dogs who are: high energy, highly intelligent, busy-bodies, working bred, get bored easily, low confidence, lack focus, limited mobility
TIP: "I like to pick a card whenever I put the kettle on. This way you can play a game in the kitchen for a couple of minutes while you are waiting for the kettle to boil and then have a nice sit-down and a cup of tea while your dog snoozes peacefully!"